It's back to the island once more

As cheesy as it sounds, time really flies. This is our 3rd week back in Penang. We have spent a good 6 months in Melaka. I personally enjoyed my stay so much. It felt so good to be home. When the time came for us to go back, it was hard to bid goodbye and I guess it was even harder for my family. We came in and barged into their lives like a storm and we hurriedly left, leaving them high and dry. Dad was particularly very sad. Being a person who is not too good at bidding farewells, I just said a simple good bye and thanks to dad. Anything more, the tear in my eye would have spilled out like a broken dam. I was lucky to have Sis and Mum accompanying us back to Penang.

From the first time I heard my parents unknowingly humming to the tune of Barney’s song while going about their daily lives, I realized the kids probably wouldn’t have known how much impact they have left in the lives of their grandparents. Heck, they created a “havoc”. Dad particularly was the favorite as he was the “easy target” for them. Sarah would go to him for “under table deals” on anything that I didn’t agree to give her and dad would have willingly gave in to her persistent pleas. Even Sydnie knows that Ah Gong can allow her to do nearly everything she wants. Kids (and babies) nowadays really know who they can get those extra treats from!

All this shouldn’t have waited till now but I would really want to extend my greatest gratitude for my family and parents for bearing with us during the past 6 months. Thanks to dad who has helped to fetch us around, buying necessities, settling our daily food and clothing necessities and for allowing Sarah to build her “nest” on his favorite chair. As for mum, the strong lady of the family, thank you for helping to take care of the kids. No matter how difficult or tired it was, no matter how I try to “instigate a complain” so that she would perhaps whimper a sign of tiredness, she never ever once complained or lamented. To my bro, thanks for letting us have the room, for addicting me with “WGM show”, for adjusting your schedule, and for all your nonsense. To Sis, Rachel and Roy, thanks for coming over to spend time with us and for your company. We will miss our Tuesday pasar malam night.

Now that we have come back to Penang, the old house would probably seem quieter than normal. No noisy kids, no playing and replaying of Barney discs for the 1000th time, no messy toys strewn everywhere. Ah, I miss our nightly supper talk. All in all, I certainly wish that in the short period we spent together, we have filled the house with enough memories so that no matter which corner of the house you are in, it would put a smile on your face and bring you some happy memories.

Comments

Leopard said…
.... very well written. I could almost picture everything from your dad saying goodbye and how u all went about daily life in mlk! hmm... go back to melaka more often lor... then ur parents wont feel so lonely :)
dizzyfly said…
Geez.. thanks Leopard. I wish we could go back as often as I would have liked to :(
pei yu said…
Very nicely written =) And I change my number every time I come back to msia, will go back to syd on Tues and it will be back to my old number.. Hehe Hope you have a good bday!! xoxo
dizzyfly said…
Thanks, Pei Yu!!
ricebin said…
yes, the house is certainly quieter, neater, and guess what? the magazines looked new again... no more chewed marks..

Anyway, rachel missed Sarah and Sydnie too and you are most welcomed.. Dun worry, I'll find ways to let you show how much you appreciate us... hehehe... Aren't I thoughtful?

Popular Posts