Malacca October 2008

We went back to Malacca during the Raya holidays. Although we were around for 5 days, it seems to pass so fast. Like what my Econs teacher used to say when lessons end “Time passes so fast when you are having fun”. I don't think most of us would have agreed with her because we were usually more elated than sad when the bell rang. Nyek.

Anyway I spent most of my time with my family and my niece, which was great because I’m seldom around. Here are some photos taken during our last trip home. Rachel, my 4 year old niece, has been a real angel throughout our stay, acting like a big “cheh cheh” to Sarah. It’s great to see both of them getting along so well together.


Best-est cousins

Rachel - the little China doll

Rachel and Sarah playing together

Rachel busy with her Lego's

Sarah being very busy herself too.. :p

Sarah with more toys, courtesy from Uncle Sean

Rachel showing Sarah how it's done

Sarah: All right, take all the photos you want. I've given up protesting!
Sarah with her new hair band. All dressed up to go out!



Since mum has already promised Rachel that we would be going to McD, we headed straight to the Pahlawan mall. After lunch, we went window shopping in Pahlawan. At a point I needed to go to the ladies. When I met up with the family again, sis greeted me with a wide smile... a very WIDE SMILE. She was practically grinning from ear to ear. Ok, she was happy to see me... and being very happy in fact. I don't know about you but after being her sis for 29 years, I don't like the idea of being greeted with that kind of smile.



Apparently the little ones have taken fancy of the Kiddy Train ride and she was about the be the one accompanying them around. Then I realized that I arrived just in time to "save" sis from the ride because Sarah needed more supervision than Rachel. Oh darn... Being the sporting Mummy, I am not about to disappoint the kids right? And so I said OK (gulp.. fingers crossesd). The train needed some time to charge-up and we were already inside the train at that time. I scratched my knee because the compartment was really meant for small cute legs, not the gigantic ones like mine. Overall the train ride was quite fun. It's only when you are around kids, that you have the chance to be like one. :p



Getting ready while the is being recharged

Knee hurts but still have to smile for the camera right? Keke

See, this is why a compact camera is handy. You can put it into your handbag and bring it everywhere.

Sarah getting impatient

Now I am the one getting impatient

Candidly abiding for another photo

I'm running out of ideas to keep both kids inside the train.

Finally, we embarked on our Adventure Around the Pahlawan Fountain.

Trying to keep the children entertained.


That was a warning to sis.

Finally... it was the end of the train ride.

Sarah wasn't about to stop there. She wanted more rides!

Yawn... next program please?

Sarah enjoying herself

And she refused to get up from there!

My dainty little Princess Sarah.

That was all the snapshots of our trip! Photos taken by Sean and Harby.

Comments

Popular Posts