Merdeka? Or maybe not...
My antenatal checkups have become a weekly affair now. Last weekend, the ultrasound showed that baby’s current estimated weight was at 3.5kg. She still has another week to go. Within the last 1 week, baby gained 0.3kg. Assuming that the growth rate remains the same, she will be 3.8kg if she comes out on the dot. Bigger if she comes out later. That got me worried a little bit because I want natural birth. Actually Sarah would have been about the same size but she came out nearly 2 weeks earlier. That’s why she was 3.2kg when I delivered her. I thought that 3.2kg was “just nice”. But “3.5kg and still counting”, does sound a bit daunting.
As of time of writing, this little #2 still doesn’t seem to be having any thoughts of coming out yet. I think mummy's tummy must be too comfy so much so that she want to exercise her full rights to stay on. Many are hinting/suggesting me to induce baby out now. I do not agree to this. I know very well the consequences I’ll face by deciding not to induce her out now. Yes, I am worried. But I don’t want to force her out. Let her decide when she wants to come out. If she surpasses the EDD then I’ll really have no choice but to get her out, somehow. But at the moment she hasn’t reached her EDD yet. However I’m kinda stressed out because of the pressure I feel from the “surroundings” wanting me to induce/deliver baby. I get more stressed (yes, pregnant lady get stressed more easily) when I get comments like “HAHHH?!! Still not delivered yet ah?” Maybe baby sensed it and decided to stay even longer just to spite them. HA! Luckily there are also some who are supportive of my decision. (Thanks, you know who you are.)
I’m sticking to my decision at the moment; inducing is definitely a no no unless she’s over her EDD, which is end of this week. Well maybe she's really meant to be a Merdeka baby. We'll have a triple merdeka celebration then (for the country, baby and me. I also merdeka mar) :D. We’ll see when the time comes. I don't like this kind of suspense but I'll still wait patiently.
As of time of writing, this little #2 still doesn’t seem to be having any thoughts of coming out yet. I think mummy's tummy must be too comfy so much so that she want to exercise her full rights to stay on. Many are hinting/suggesting me to induce baby out now. I do not agree to this. I know very well the consequences I’ll face by deciding not to induce her out now. Yes, I am worried. But I don’t want to force her out. Let her decide when she wants to come out. If she surpasses the EDD then I’ll really have no choice but to get her out, somehow. But at the moment she hasn’t reached her EDD yet. However I’m kinda stressed out because of the pressure I feel from the “surroundings” wanting me to induce/deliver baby. I get more stressed (yes, pregnant lady get stressed more easily) when I get comments like “HAHHH?!! Still not delivered yet ah?” Maybe baby sensed it and decided to stay even longer just to spite them. HA! Luckily there are also some who are supportive of my decision. (Thanks, you know who you are.)
I’m sticking to my decision at the moment; inducing is definitely a no no unless she’s over her EDD, which is end of this week. Well maybe she's really meant to be a Merdeka baby. We'll have a triple merdeka celebration then (for the country, baby and me. I also merdeka mar) :D. We’ll see when the time comes. I don't like this kind of suspense but I'll still wait patiently.

Comments