Stretch mark – A love or hate affair?
I gleefully laughed to myself after my first pregnancy because I escaped having stretch marks. However I can’t do the same this time. Even after applying the creams, those marks have already begun to show up and the lines are growing faster than the wild vines. Argh… I guess we can only get that “lucky” once.
Initially I fretted over it a bit. But after thinking through, there’s nothing I should fret over. It’s actually a blessing; having stretch marks means that I can conceive and I am blessed with a child. Of course I would have liked it even better if I can have the best of both worlds. However I guess that’s the problem with humans, our hearts are too greedy and minds too narrow. There are many more valuable things in life than vanity. There are so many women in this world who would happily wanted to own it. If you are also one of the few who couldn’t avoid this problem, look at your newborn child who is snuggled so contently in your arms. Is there’s anything you would have changed for having this little one?
So, is stretch mark a love or hate affair? I say it’s love, a mark of a mother’s love.
Initially I fretted over it a bit. But after thinking through, there’s nothing I should fret over. It’s actually a blessing; having stretch marks means that I can conceive and I am blessed with a child. Of course I would have liked it even better if I can have the best of both worlds. However I guess that’s the problem with humans, our hearts are too greedy and minds too narrow. There are many more valuable things in life than vanity. There are so many women in this world who would happily wanted to own it. If you are also one of the few who couldn’t avoid this problem, look at your newborn child who is snuggled so contently in your arms. Is there’s anything you would have changed for having this little one?
So, is stretch mark a love or hate affair? I say it’s love, a mark of a mother’s love.

Comments