Spidey to the rescue

On our way back from nursery, Sarah would often relate to me the things and lessons she did for the day, and including who she fought with that day.

While in the car yesterday evening, suddenly asked me "Mummy, what is Spiderman for?". That question caught me off guard. Many times she would ask me question which she already know the answer. To probe more I asked her "Why did she ask that". Then she told me in a very serious tone.

"Mummy, if your house is on fire, you need to call Spiderman". She then added "Spiderman will come into your house and help to rescue all your toys".

I think I nearly fell off the chair laughing. I corrected her by saying that we should call the FIREman, not Spiderman when there is fire. I also told her that, she should save life first before thinking of toys. She didn't seem to get what I wanted to say. She also asked me what is the meaning of "exist" when I told her that Spiderman does not exist in real life.

At the end of the day, Sarah is still a little child. I guess she has her right to think like a child for now. :). I hope one day when she grows up, she will have happy memories of this conversation because I'm very sure I will.

Comments

Popular Posts