Debrecen, Hungary
Hey world, my blog has been finally revivied... for now. I've been so extremely busy that there's hardly enough time for anything more than keeping up with the daily needs of life. The reason for my new found free time is because I'm back in Hungary :D!! So considering that I'm back here 7 months later and I still haven't posted my photos 7 months earlier... how can that be forgiven?
Debrecen is the second largest city in Hungary.
And of course, on important occasions like this, my camera battery had to go flat. What do to? Photos after this are taken with my trusty old hp.
As with all my travel, the black clouds followed me everywhere I go! Here are photos of the University of Debrecen. I went on a Sunday hence it was deserted.
One last post to go.
Debrecen is the second largest city in Hungary.
The Great Church - this is one of the main landmark in Debrecen. Built between 1291-1311 by local landlords, the church got its present shape after it was rebuilt after it was burnt down in a fire in 1802. This church was famed for its history. This was the place where Lajos Kossuth read the Declaration of Independence to the people on 14th April 1849. The chair used by Kossuth has been a well-preserved relic of the Great Church. I climbed up the scarily steep stairs to see the Rakoczi Bell.
Monument showing a war soldier with his mother.
View of Debrecen city
Inside the Great Church
Another view of the lower ground of the Great Church
And of course, on important occasions like this, my camera battery had to go flat. What do to? Photos after this are taken with my trusty old hp.
Another view of the Great Church
Deri Museum
This museum hosts the richest cultural-historical collection of Hungary after Budapest. It was built between 1926 and 1928.
Debrecen city - one of my fav photo
I can't remember the name of this landmark :(
Csokonai Theatre
The Calvinist Reformed College
Inside the college. I got kicked out because this area was actually for student access only :p
wall along the college
The Small Reformed Church
Me!
As with all my travel, the black clouds followed me everywhere I go! Here are photos of the University of Debrecen. I went on a Sunday hence it was deserted.
Main building of the University of Debrecen
I love this place. It is so beautiful.
A close look at the main building
Main enterence
This is what greets you when you step through the main door. So niceeee
High glass ceiling
Library
Sandwich bar
Along the corrider. OMG I so "likey"
Corridor to lecture halls
Park behind the main building
Hostel. I wished the hostel I stayed in UM was this nice.
Raindrops
Another building
Tram stop. Electric signboard to tell you the tram arrival time
Tram!
I decided to walk since the University is near to the hotel I stayed. Stumbled upon a pleasant surprise.. chestnuts on the ground! A little girl who was clad in her cute red raincoat collected the chestnuts on the ground and placing it inside a rattan basket. How much are we paying for chestnuts back at home, again?
Chestnut tree from the backyard of someone's house













Comments