What it takes to be a princess.

Sarah (sadly said): Mummy, I want to be a princess :(
Mummy: But you ARE a princess (Mummy has always refer to her as princess)
Sarah: No, I'm not a princess!
Mummy: Of course you are.
Sarah (frustrated): Then where is my CROWN?!
Mummy: (starlted...ok.. stay calm, she got me on this one). Sure you have a crown. We'll work on getting that.
Sarah: (happy now) Ok, we'll get a crown for daddy, mummy, me, Sydnie... (and the rest of the family tree)
Mummy: OK
                 ........................ -.-"

After telling the story of sleeping beauty and the part where the prince gave Aurora a kiss which broke a spell.....
Sarah (in awe): Mummy, is that a magic kiss?
Mummy: Yes it is ;).
Sarah: I want to be a princess! :(
Mummy: You are a princess, Sarah.
Sarah: No I'm not because you are a NORMAL mummy. (normal mummy meaning a regular mummy which is not a queen).
Mummy: ............ (speechless)..........


Lesson learnt:
A 5 year old child thinks a whole lot more thoroughly than an adult 6 x her age...

A happy Princess Sarah with her "crown" :)

Comments

Popular Posts