RH Lantern Festival - 13 September 2008
Last Saturday, RH organized its first Lantern Festival celebration. Lucky for us, I managed to register ourselves; although I only did that on the very last minute :p. It was also Sarah’s first ever mooncake celebration as well. Boy was she excited. Harby and I bough Sarah her very first lantern;a Hello Kitty lantern from Giant. Our babysitter’s husband bought her another Ultraman lantern. Unfortunately her Hello Kitty lantern’s lifespan ended on that very night when Sarah accidentally dropped it onto the floor :(. Oh well.. looks like Sarah will be getting a new lantern next year.
I was surprised by the crowd as I wasn’t expecting too many people participating. However I was very happy to see residents of different races participating the celebration together. They even bought very nice lanterns for their children to join in the fun. This is what I call a real multi-racial celebration!
Sarah was very excited the moment she saw the crowd. Immediately after we let her walk around, she started to chase after other children’s lantern. Sarah hasn’t learned much about ownership yet and she thinks everything belongs to her. She's learning. At least she listened when I explained that those lanterns belong to other children. It was a short celebration, lasting about 2 hours but I think the time is just right especially for young children. I am sure Sarah had a blast. She was still talking about the celebration even after a few days :D.
Here are some photos taken on that night. The photos didn't turn too nicely but I'll still post it here for as a remembrance. It's hard balancing a baby bag on one shoulder, focusing the camera in one hand, and taking care of a toddler with the other hand (excuses lar :p). Here it is.
Deco - Paper Lanterns
One last shot. A self-taken family portrait.
One happy family :)
Here are some "live action":
It's a bit late but... happy belated lantern festival folks! Hope you had fun!

Comments