Aiye Aiye Captain!

Let's pause from the Bali posting for some "breaking" news (at least for me) , which I'm bursting to share with everyone.

Guess what? Sab just told me this morning that AirAsia will start operating from the Batu Berendam airport in December this year. Except for the locals, not many people even know the existence of an airport in Malacca before this. I know my news is a bit outdated because she said that it was in the papers (how could I have missed such a big news?!). Just a few months ago, I googled the Batu Berendam airport and read that the completion of the airport was scheduled to be in next year. Anyway I’m so so so happy. This means we can take a direct flight to Malacca from then on. Yippie!

A quick check on the internet confirmed Sab’s news.

Bernama
" AirAsia To Start Operation In Melaka’s Bukit Berendam Airport Dec 8


MELAKA, Aug 13 (Bernama) -- Low cost carrier AirAsia is expected to start its operations this December 8 at Melaka's Batu Berendam Airport (LTBB) which is undergoing a facelift worth RM131.5 million. ... "


Huh? "Bukit Berendam"?? Aiya, nvm lar.. typo I guess...

I'm so d ExCIteD! LOL. Let's pray the scheduled completion goes as planned (fingers crossed).

Comments

Popular Posts