CNY 2009 Roadtrip - Part 3
Ok… I want to finish off the CNY posting. This is the final part.
Kek Lok Si
Our last activity during CNY was a trip to Kek Lok Si. Although Kek Lok Si organized the lantern/light decorations every CNY and we ourselves have lived here for several years, we never once made a trip there. Since Harby’s parents was around that weekend, Harby suggested we bring Sarah over.
Luckily MIL was in the car with me.. otherwise I will be having a tough time keeping Sarah entertained. As usual the road up the hill was JAMmm-eddddd like mad! Maybe because it was already the 14th day of CNY and the next day will be the last day the lanterns will be lit... so everyone is rushing there?? By the time we reached there it was already 9 something. We only managed to visit the highest point of the temple because it was crowded and getting late (there are other stops at the temple which you can access by cable car.. of course have to pay money lar). Although I was feeling nauseous in the car, the lights still looked very beautiful.
Here are some of the moments I captured.
Sarah repeatly insisted loudly that "I want to sit on the chicken". Translate it to mandarin and you'll know why the people around us were amused when they heard her saying that
Me - the innocent, fragile lamb... Mekkkkk
(This is part of the 12 zodiac animal statues on the open park)
I hope my prayers are heard :)
Kek Lok Si
Our last activity during CNY was a trip to Kek Lok Si. Although Kek Lok Si organized the lantern/light decorations every CNY and we ourselves have lived here for several years, we never once made a trip there. Since Harby’s parents was around that weekend, Harby suggested we bring Sarah over.
Luckily MIL was in the car with me.. otherwise I will be having a tough time keeping Sarah entertained. As usual the road up the hill was JAMmm-eddddd like mad! Maybe because it was already the 14th day of CNY and the next day will be the last day the lanterns will be lit... so everyone is rushing there?? By the time we reached there it was already 9 something. We only managed to visit the highest point of the temple because it was crowded and getting late (there are other stops at the temple which you can access by cable car.. of course have to pay money lar). Although I was feeling nauseous in the car, the lights still looked very beautiful.
Here are some of the moments I captured.
(This is part of the 12 zodiac animal statues on the open park)
I hope my prayers are heard :)


Comments