Of fever, dengue and flu - edited with photos
Hi.. sorry for not updating anything.
Here’s my excuse. I was away in KL for the whole week, then I came back with Sarah having high fever (40C!!) . When she broke out in rashes we brought her to the hospital for a blood test. It was a long weekend and the blood test staff in the private hospitals were not working… so we had to go to GH. For these private hospitals, it's either you have to get admitted or they charge you a hand and a leg to get their staff to come back for the test. It was 10pm and the only option was to go GH. To be fair, the good thing about GH is they can give you the results within an hour. The blood test reading was very low. However they didn’t want to tell us what was wrong with Sarah. Just asked us to come back for another repeated blood test the next morning. We consulted BIL’s opinion and he thought base on the symptoms plus the blood test reading, it should be dengue. I was so freaked out. Good thing her reading went up a bit when we brought her for a second blood test the next morning... which means she's getting better (still GH didn’t want to say what was wrong. I asked if it was dengue but they just replied no.). Just asked us to do another blood test 2 days later, which I never did. Poor Sarah, she already got 2 bruise marks (blue black) on each of her hand from the gruesome blood test. Believe me. It is gruesome. They'll poke just the needle head into the vein and let the blood slowly drip into the catchment "cup". Since she seems better I didn’t want to bring her for another test. The GH staff told us as long as Sarah is eating and seems alert then she should be alright.
Taking care of sick children is always stressful and draining. You will soon learn that the problem with a sick child is the sickness somehow blocks the part of the child’s brain for reasoning/logical thinking. They’ll ask for the darnest impossible thing they can think of and believe me.. they can think of MANYyyyy!!! If they don’t get it they become unreasonable. Plus, Sarah was like a bubble gum, sticking to me 24 hrs and she didn't want ANYONE else. I can’t even use the bathroom without her crying for me. I know she’s must under extreme discomfort. I used to have normal viral fever and I felt like dying that time. Even though the fever went off, my body was still aching for 3 weeks. Anyway I think she’s on her way to recovery (My little princess is a fighter!!!) because she's becoming more reasonable . Harby agreed with me because he said her "urat sudah jadi lurus" again and thus is being able to think straight :p. Last night was the first night she didn’t cry for me in the middle of the night. Hopefully I can get better sleep from now. Yippie.
BUT.... poor mummy has gotten sick herself after taking care of Sarah and is now down with cold!
So… excuse accepted? Can forgive a sick person right? *cough* *sniff sniff* :p
Here's get well card, specially posted over from Malacca by cousin Rachel.

Sarah was so impressed with the card that she immediately asked me to get her color pencils.... so that she can draw... on the card!! (WHAT?!!) Luckily I managed to save the card and prevented her from doing serious damage, apart from being a bit crumpled.
Here’s my excuse. I was away in KL for the whole week, then I came back with Sarah having high fever (40C!!) . When she broke out in rashes we brought her to the hospital for a blood test. It was a long weekend and the blood test staff in the private hospitals were not working… so we had to go to GH. For these private hospitals, it's either you have to get admitted or they charge you a hand and a leg to get their staff to come back for the test. It was 10pm and the only option was to go GH. To be fair, the good thing about GH is they can give you the results within an hour. The blood test reading was very low. However they didn’t want to tell us what was wrong with Sarah. Just asked us to come back for another repeated blood test the next morning. We consulted BIL’s opinion and he thought base on the symptoms plus the blood test reading, it should be dengue. I was so freaked out. Good thing her reading went up a bit when we brought her for a second blood test the next morning... which means she's getting better (still GH didn’t want to say what was wrong. I asked if it was dengue but they just replied no.). Just asked us to do another blood test 2 days later, which I never did. Poor Sarah, she already got 2 bruise marks (blue black) on each of her hand from the gruesome blood test. Believe me. It is gruesome. They'll poke just the needle head into the vein and let the blood slowly drip into the catchment "cup". Since she seems better I didn’t want to bring her for another test. The GH staff told us as long as Sarah is eating and seems alert then she should be alright.
Taking care of sick children is always stressful and draining. You will soon learn that the problem with a sick child is the sickness somehow blocks the part of the child’s brain for reasoning/logical thinking. They’ll ask for the darnest impossible thing they can think of and believe me.. they can think of MANYyyyy!!! If they don’t get it they become unreasonable. Plus, Sarah was like a bubble gum, sticking to me 24 hrs and she didn't want ANYONE else. I can’t even use the bathroom without her crying for me. I know she’s must under extreme discomfort. I used to have normal viral fever and I felt like dying that time. Even though the fever went off, my body was still aching for 3 weeks. Anyway I think she’s on her way to recovery (My little princess is a fighter!!!) because she's becoming more reasonable . Harby agreed with me because he said her "urat sudah jadi lurus" again and thus is being able to think straight :p. Last night was the first night she didn’t cry for me in the middle of the night. Hopefully I can get better sleep from now. Yippie.
BUT.... poor mummy has gotten sick herself after taking care of Sarah and is now down with cold!
So… excuse accepted? Can forgive a sick person right? *cough* *sniff sniff* :p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's get well card, specially posted over from Malacca by cousin Rachel.
Pos Ekspres - Dijamin sampai!
Sarah was so impressed with the card that she immediately asked me to get her color pencils.... so that she can draw... on the card!! (WHAT?!!) Luckily I managed to save the card and prevented her from doing serious damage, apart from being a bit crumpled.
Comments