Apologies accepted
I was at KL for several days last week. This will probably be my last visit to KL, I think I'm gonna take a break until after delivery. I’m getting a little too "big" to travel alone.
Like most of my previous trips, I stayed at Le Meridian hotel again. Before I continue writing what happened in my last trip, allow me to give you a history preview of my previous stay. Ok, I don’t know whether it’s my bad luck or the hotel’s bad luck, there was this stay where I was placed in malfunctioned room, one after another, so much so until I had to change my rooms 3 times! Eventually they finally “upgraded” me to the hotel’s suite (maybe it’s not such a bad luck for me after all because if not for this incident, I may never ever have the chance to stay in a suite this lifetime). Anyway nothing went right that time. It was an extremely upsetting experience until I had to demand to meet the GM. Of course the hotel was smart enough create some excuses and therefore they sent a slightly lower manager to meet me instead. Fast forward the manager I talked to gave me a free polo T-Shirt after our meeting.What the heck, I thought at least they would have given me at least 3 days of free night stay or something! Maybe I would have got it if I was more demanding because he did ask me whether there was “anything else the hotel could do for me”. AHA! When someone asks if there’s anything else they can do, they are opening themselves to a whole lot of possibilities you know. But I am nice person and so I didn’t pursue further :p. Since then, I would imagine for my every subsequent stay at the hotel, their computer system must have placed a big red WARNING alert next to my name. HA!
In my last stay however, I had problems with my room air-con and again I had to change rooms. The next day upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see a note, a tray of almond crepes and a box of dried apricot as an apology. Well they have certainly improved their customer service since the last incident. I do not know if they do this to all guests, or because I’m a regular face there, or because of that big red Warning alert. Nevertheless I was not expecting it though. Although it didn’t cost them much, the gesture certainly deserves them to be forgiven isn’t it? Actually this is just my personal excuse. With such tasty looking crepes, I couldn’t hold my urge to taste it (eating = apology accepted?!). As I was halfway walloping the crepes that I suddenly remember you mustn’t eat any food that was offered as an apology. Darn! You don’t know what they have added into the food right? Hahaha.. But what the heck, I still finished it up because it was really good!
Like most of my previous trips, I stayed at Le Meridian hotel again. Before I continue writing what happened in my last trip, allow me to give you a history preview of my previous stay. Ok, I don’t know whether it’s my bad luck or the hotel’s bad luck, there was this stay where I was placed in malfunctioned room, one after another, so much so until I had to change my rooms 3 times! Eventually they finally “upgraded” me to the hotel’s suite (maybe it’s not such a bad luck for me after all because if not for this incident, I may never ever have the chance to stay in a suite this lifetime). Anyway nothing went right that time. It was an extremely upsetting experience until I had to demand to meet the GM. Of course the hotel was smart enough create some excuses and therefore they sent a slightly lower manager to meet me instead. Fast forward the manager I talked to gave me a free polo T-Shirt after our meeting.What the heck, I thought at least they would have given me at least 3 days of free night stay or something! Maybe I would have got it if I was more demanding because he did ask me whether there was “anything else the hotel could do for me”. AHA! When someone asks if there’s anything else they can do, they are opening themselves to a whole lot of possibilities you know. But I am nice person and so I didn’t pursue further :p. Since then, I would imagine for my every subsequent stay at the hotel, their computer system must have placed a big red WARNING alert next to my name. HA!
In my last stay however, I had problems with my room air-con and again I had to change rooms. The next day upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see a note, a tray of almond crepes and a box of dried apricot as an apology. Well they have certainly improved their customer service since the last incident. I do not know if they do this to all guests, or because I’m a regular face there, or because of that big red Warning alert. Nevertheless I was not expecting it though. Although it didn’t cost them much, the gesture certainly deserves them to be forgiven isn’t it? Actually this is just my personal excuse. With such tasty looking crepes, I couldn’t hold my urge to taste it (eating = apology accepted?!). As I was halfway walloping the crepes that I suddenly remember you mustn’t eat any food that was offered as an apology. Darn! You don’t know what they have added into the food right? Hahaha.. But what the heck, I still finished it up because it was really good!
Comments