Sarah's first day of school - the reality

Ok, I've previously wrote about Sarah going to school. Yesterday was THE actual day. I took a day off just in case I was called back. Instead I spent the day resting at home.. haha.. which is actually good because I am very exhausted lately. The nursery is just around the corner from my apartment and I can get a very good view of it from my window. I must admit that I kept peeping at the nursery throughout the day. Although I can only see the building and not her, I couldn't help myself. Ah.. I guess only MOTHERS will do silly things like this.

So how was it? Many people asked me this question. I would say she did fairly well. I'll give her an A and a big kiss to go with it. Once we reached, I immediately went in to have a quick talk with her class teacher. When I turned over to look for Sarah, she was no where to be seen! And with a whole bunch of other children around it was harder to spot her. I immediately asked harby to look for her. When we found her, she was happily playing with the other children. She wasn't even interested about me when I informed her that I'm leaving. After a half-hearted brief hug from Sarah (with her eyes still firmly glued on the toys), I left. Ok.. so that was it! No teary, pleading, screaming, tantrum throwing kid. (I remember when we sent my bro to nursery many many moons ago, he clinged to the gate and refused to go in. He even went for a 1 week hunger strike!)

As I fetched her in the evening, teacher said she was doing well, ate her food, drank her milk and slept. Her teacher commented that she talks a lot (not my genes! :p) and she can really ask a lot of questions . The teacher showed a half frown, half amused face. Hm... I wonder how I should interpret that look. Anyway her teacher said she did cry for a few brief occasions finding for me. I told Harby she must have "puas" playing and suddenly realized I'm not around. I knew she wasn't really paying attention when she bid me goodbye.

Sarah happily went for her 2nd day of school today. Snorty children aside (spotted quite a few in fact), I think Sarah will do well. Fingers crossed. We'll see how she is at the end of the week.

Comments

Popular Posts