Dumpling Festival 2010
Ahahaha.. I know, it's already the 7th month of the lunar calendar and here I am just posting the dumpling festival. I should have just forget about it but I am determined to still post it because otherwise I would be letting down mum's rice dumplings.. :p.
I'm actually on my way to Hungary and I've got a few minutes to spare while waiting for my transit from KL to Amsterdam. So here I am.
It has been some time since I could celebrate dumpling festival at home. With this rare chance of eating mum's rice dumplings fresh off the steamer, how could I not post this right?
Here's what it takes to make the ULTIMATE Bak Chang.
The most important ingredient: The leaf
Salted egg yolk
The "bak" and the mushrooms
This year's special, Dried Scallops!!
Just to show how big the scallops are! I love it!
Dried oyster
Dried shrimps
Cooking the bak
Ingredients fill up to the rim
The skill of wrapping
Mum showing the trick to wrap tightly
The first chang for the year
I also tried wrapping. It was a success.
The delicious chang fresh from the steamer!
The pictures made me so hungry. Ok, gtg...

Comments