Waiting

Waiting. I hate waiting. Why? Because keeps us in suspense and at the same time increases our blood pressure and body temperature. Now how many times have we made appointments with friends only to wait for them all to arrive in the next hour? How about those Chinese wedding dinners where you go there with an empty stomach at 7pm (as stated on invitation card), only to start eating at 8.30pm. (Yeah.. we are all cheapskate people, we starve ourselves the whole day so that we can eat our ang-pow’s worth after that.) We wait indefinitely for that public bus to arrive only to realize that it’s not coming at all. We wait for our lecturers to come into our lecture class. Hah.. luckily I found out to my delight that UM students only wait for their lecturer for the first 30 minutes. If nobody appears, then it’s considered class cancelled. But then again, that was when we still have not changed the 3-hour lecture class to 1-hour 3 sessions a week class.

So there you go. Everyone has got his or her equal share of experiences of waiting. Of course, there seems to be some people who consistently come late EVERYTIME.. so most probably they would not know what the heck I’m talking about here. What’s wrong with these people? I mean if everyone comes in on time when we can go back on time too. Why make people wait like that right? Ok, if you say once a while where you had to help your neighbor’s cat deliver a litter of kittens, or you had to chase after that snatch thief who struck the poor old lady, then it’s forgivable. I mean other than that, do you realize that people need to make deliberate plans to do certain things? It’s so irritating. If you can’t make it for the dinner invitation then just reply so. What’s so difficult about that? Some people like to leave it to the last minute, probably because they “want to see who replied what and who's going” and there are some who don’t even bother to reply at all.

Sad to say this but I have come on terms with this. I know that most of my friends are NEVER punctual. So it has become something “acceptable” to wait for his/her Royal Highness to make their grand entrance. It just gets on my nerves at times. They call it the “Malaysian time”. I wonder when we would be able to do-away with that term!

Comments

Popular Posts