Stories for the soul

Leaf: Mr. Blue bird in the tree, would you sing a joyful song for me?

Blue Bird: I’m afraid I can’t sir, for there is just too much hurt. I can only sing songs of sorrow and pain.

Leaf: But you’ve always been a happy bird. You loved this tree and surely you love me too don’t you?

Blue Bird: Yes sir, the love I have is too strong but why do I feel this severe pain in my heart? It just wouldn’t go away. Why does love feel so pain? The pain is paralyzing me and my thoughts. It's killing me inside out.

Leaf: You are hurt, Mr. Blue bird.

Blue Bird: Yes, I am. But not because of my broken wing. I’m hurt by the tree I love.

Leaf: But how is that possible?

Blue Bird: The tree has forgotten how he loved to hear me sing. Oh, how I loved to sing to the tree. Oh how I loved to see her sway to the rhythm of my songs.

Leaf: Won’t you stop crying, Mr. Blue bird?

Blue Bird: Just how much pain and hurt does it take to cry out tears of blood, sir?

Leaf: I do not know.

Blue Bird: Tears brings out the sorrow that has filled my heart. When the tears dries up my heart will be numb to feel any more pain. I need to cry till I can’t cry anymore.

Leaf: Oh no, no. If you do that your life will be void of love. You will not be able to feel again. You will never be able to sing and you shall be as good as dead. And most importantly you can never love again!

Blue Bird: Yes I know sir. I'm afraid the choice is not mine. Circumstances is against me. Love is against me. I need to empty out my heart. I have to be numb from the worldly feelings. That’s the only way the hurt will stop. This is the only way to salvage my dying heart.

Leaf: A heart will never be empty. It’s either filled with love or hatred. Hatred will fill in as soon as love is gone.

Blue Bird: I do not have a choice. I'll take the gamble.

Leaf: Surely time can heal.

Blue Bird: I am not sure but I’m afraid I do not have much time left.

Comments

Popular Posts