Off we go to school!

Actually I’m not that keen to send Sarah so early but circumstances brought to this decision. Ok the main reason why I wish to delay sending Sarah to nursery was because I’m not in a hurry to start formal studies. I know there are some kia su parents that want their children to start formal education asap. For me I think that everyone passes through their childhood that once in their lifetime and I don’t want Sarah’s childhood to be bogged down by books, writing classes, etc. There’s always a time to do everything. She now a child and she certainly has the right to be like one. As for formal education, they will have many, many, many years ahead of them to do that so why worry about it?

The other reason why I am not keen to let Sarah start school so early is a young child’s immature immune system will increase the chances of getting sickness. In the nursery common flu and cough could be a monthly affair, that is if you are lucky. Otherwise there’s the chance of catching more serious ones. We heard of a parent whose child unfortunately always end up in ICU after kena those kao kao ones. They got so freaked out that they packed him back to the babysitter. My other concerns are, the child might get bored when the real formal education starts and also the quality of food served. Well I'm not a parenting guru and these are just my personal opinion.

Anyway since the decision has been made the next headache was choosing which nursery to go to. We have scouted a few around our house and I think we have more or less made our decision. Basically I look for certain aspects like good lighting and ventilation (not like a jail) and which does not burden the child with too much teaching. You’ll be surprised that some have all BM, Eng, Chinese and Math lessons! I think that’s a bit too much. They are just 3 y/o for goodness sake!! (and Sarah is actually 2 + by actual age) Luckily the one that Sarah will be going will only have English.

Actually Sarah has been begging me to let her go kindergarten since the past year. I can’t help but suspect it’s because of the colorful appearance of those buildings and of course the playground. I told her that going there is not just to play and certainly not a 1-2 day affair. She said she understood. We’ll see how much she actually understands. Jangan sekali she don’t want to go after a few days! Ah.. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what really happens. Despite my earlier resistance, like every mother, I am excited and worried about how Sarah accepts her new environment. Sarah is quite sociable and do not have problem mixing with other but I still can't help feeling a little jittery and worried… oh.. MOTHERS!

Ok, having said so much Sarah is not officially enrolled becase I’ve only paid the deposit. I promise go and make the full payment next week. I'm so excited to see how Sarah will look in her uniform. It’s not the nicest looking uniform but hey.. what matters is the quality of the center right? I have high hopes for this one and hopefully no disappointments later. This excited mummy has also created an “artist impression” of how Sarah (I should really stop doing this because it's killing my hand but I'm addicted to it... HELP!). I drew the uniform base on the brochure and therefore I can’t confirm how the actual thing looks like. Anyway… hey… that’s why it’s called an “artist’s impression” right? Ok, here’s how mummy thinks Sarah will look like.



To all you over-worrying mummies out there, wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day.

Comments

Leopard said…
Wow, u actually made an artist impression... :D
Sunglow said…
You really draw it yourself? Cool.. how did you do that? Ajar ajar
dizzyfly said…
haha. Yeah.. leopard. Coz this mummy is too "free" and haven't learn her lesson (too much of photoshop aggravates the carpal tunnel syndrome)
dizzyfly said…
Sun, I didn't draw the picture from scratch. I combined several different pictures to get the basic frame and features. The major part I did was "drawing" the uniform:D. I'm not that "keng" yet. ;)

Popular Posts