Happy Father's Day
When I was young, he was my rotan shield. During my teenage years, he patiently endured my rebellious times and continued to believe in me. Even today he is still my manja target and my best afternoon chatting kaki (since everyone else is working anyway). He’s the person that can tolerate a 30-yr-old (and a very pregnant one, that is!) behaving like that little girl ... which she should have long outgrown.
Reminiscing my childhood, besides the person I’ll hide behind when mum comes chasing after me with the rotan, he’s the person I’ll secretly ask for permission to go out (although I know that Mum’s decision overwrites everything), the person who always have those extra coins for me to buy some ice-cream or chickadees from my kedai runcit neighbor (without mum’s knowledge of course), the person I’ll ask to be carried during shopping trips at my favorite old Lian Fatt store, the person who despite knowing very well that I am buying the milk powder for the stray kitten but still let me to buy it because he chose to "believe" my lame excuse that I need it for myself, and the person who would patiently sit beside me to coax and help me finish up my meal so as to avoid being scolded by mum (I used to always be the last person on the table at every meal).
This person is my daddy dearest. Along the years I’ve always joked with mum that she’s already got the best man in the world… I’ll just have to settle for the second best. I also told dad that I'm officially "blaming" him for "misleading" me to think that all guys are suppose to be like him, hence causing me to have false expectation on guys. Jokes aside, to me, he’s the best father and husband anyone could have asked for. He has loved us siblings in all his special ways and very importantly he loved us by loving Mum wholeheartedly.
Dad has been and will always be one of my "favouritest" person in my life. Happy Father’s Day, dad.
Reminiscing my childhood, besides the person I’ll hide behind when mum comes chasing after me with the rotan, he’s the person I’ll secretly ask for permission to go out (although I know that Mum’s decision overwrites everything), the person who always have those extra coins for me to buy some ice-cream or chickadees from my kedai runcit neighbor (without mum’s knowledge of course), the person I’ll ask to be carried during shopping trips at my favorite old Lian Fatt store, the person who despite knowing very well that I am buying the milk powder for the stray kitten but still let me to buy it because he chose to "believe" my lame excuse that I need it for myself, and the person who would patiently sit beside me to coax and help me finish up my meal so as to avoid being scolded by mum (I used to always be the last person on the table at every meal).
This person is my daddy dearest. Along the years I’ve always joked with mum that she’s already got the best man in the world… I’ll just have to settle for the second best. I also told dad that I'm officially "blaming" him for "misleading" me to think that all guys are suppose to be like him, hence causing me to have false expectation on guys. Jokes aside, to me, he’s the best father and husband anyone could have asked for. He has loved us siblings in all his special ways and very importantly he loved us by loving Mum wholeheartedly.
Dad has been and will always be one of my "favouritest" person in my life. Happy Father’s Day, dad.


Comments
Sounds like my experience too. I'm also the last one to finish my food but my daddy didn't wait at the table with me... hahaha...