Yet another conversation..
Sarah: Mummy, what are you doing?
Me: I’m making dough.
Sarah: I want some.
(I pinched a small piece and gave it to her. Sarah happily took it)
Sarah: (on her way out of the kitchen) Mummy, can eat or not?
Me: No NO.. cannot eat, have to cook first.
Sarah: Ok
Sarah: (Talking to me from the living room) Mummy I cook the dough.
Me: Ok. (Sarah got a whole set of masak-masak from Ah Mah during the last trip to Melaka and she absolutely loves it)
(2 minutes later)
Sarah: Mummy, I eat the dough.
Me: Huh? Cannot! Mummy told you cannot eat, must cook first!!
Sarah: Yes, I cooked it first.
Me: Open your mouth. (I saw the cebis-cebis of the dough in her mouth. I don’t like what I saw but I still find it unbelievable because usually she’ll listen). Show me what you did.
Sarah: I put in there (pointing to her toy cooking pan) to cook and stir it. Then I eat it with my spoon.
Me: (I nearly fainted). Next time you have to let mummy do the cooking.
Moral of the story: Be very precise when you are talking to a child
Sarah: Mummy I throw your comb outside.
Me: Thow it? Where did you throw it?
Sarah: Outside the window.
(I immediately went in the room to find for the comb but I couldn’t see it. Looked out of the window cannot see anything)
Me: Tell me, why did you throw the comb out?
Sarah: Because I want to let other people comb their hair also, mah (replied innocently).
Me: (nearly fainted). Ok, put on your shoes now. We are going downstairs to find it.
Sarah: (While putting on her shoes Sarah commented) Mummy is not happy today
Me: Yes (I answered sternly though I was quite amused by her comment)
(Found my half broken comb, went up, smacked her hard and gave her a long lecture)
Me: Can you throw anything out of the window again?
Sarah: No
Me: What will mummy do if you throw things out of the window again?
Sarah: Mummy will smack my buttocks. My mummy is very fierce you know..?
Me: !!.
Moral of the story: Don’t let your husband sneak out when you have no one else at home to keep an eye on your child. How could our grandmothers single-handedly bring up 10 kids??!
Sarah: (While watching news) Mummy, who’s that?
Me: It’s Michael Jackson
Sarah: What happened to him?
Me: He died.
Sarah: Why?
Me: Hm...Because he was very sick
Sarah: Hah! He didn’t eat his medicine, that’s why lar. Serves him right!
Me: ??!!
Moral of the story: ?? (you tell me)
(Sarah is currently 2 and a half year old)
Me: I’m making dough.
Sarah: I want some.
(I pinched a small piece and gave it to her. Sarah happily took it)
Sarah: (on her way out of the kitchen) Mummy, can eat or not?
Me: No NO.. cannot eat, have to cook first.
Sarah: Ok
Sarah: (Talking to me from the living room) Mummy I cook the dough.
Me: Ok. (Sarah got a whole set of masak-masak from Ah Mah during the last trip to Melaka and she absolutely loves it)
(2 minutes later)
Sarah: Mummy, I eat the dough.
Me: Huh? Cannot! Mummy told you cannot eat, must cook first!!
Sarah: Yes, I cooked it first.
Me: Open your mouth. (I saw the cebis-cebis of the dough in her mouth. I don’t like what I saw but I still find it unbelievable because usually she’ll listen). Show me what you did.
Sarah: I put in there (pointing to her toy cooking pan) to cook and stir it. Then I eat it with my spoon.
Me: (I nearly fainted). Next time you have to let mummy do the cooking.
Moral of the story: Be very precise when you are talking to a child
Sarah: Mummy I throw your comb outside.
Me: Thow it? Where did you throw it?
Sarah: Outside the window.
(I immediately went in the room to find for the comb but I couldn’t see it. Looked out of the window cannot see anything)
Me: Tell me, why did you throw the comb out?
Sarah: Because I want to let other people comb their hair also, mah (replied innocently).
Me: (nearly fainted). Ok, put on your shoes now. We are going downstairs to find it.
Sarah: (While putting on her shoes Sarah commented) Mummy is not happy today
Me: Yes (I answered sternly though I was quite amused by her comment)
(Found my half broken comb, went up, smacked her hard and gave her a long lecture)
Me: Can you throw anything out of the window again?
Sarah: No
Me: What will mummy do if you throw things out of the window again?
Sarah: Mummy will smack my buttocks. My mummy is very fierce you know..?
Me: !!.
Moral of the story: Don’t let your husband sneak out when you have no one else at home to keep an eye on your child. How could our grandmothers single-handedly bring up 10 kids??!
Sarah: (While watching news) Mummy, who’s that?
Me: It’s Michael Jackson
Sarah: What happened to him?
Me: He died.
Sarah: Why?
Me: Hm...Because he was very sick
Sarah: Hah! He didn’t eat his medicine, that’s why lar. Serves him right!
Me: ??!!
Moral of the story: ?? (you tell me)
(Sarah is currently 2 and a half year old)
Comments