Good ol' M'cca
How time flies. This is already my first month in hometown. Recounting back, I’ve been “away” from home for 10 years! During this time, each time I’m back, it’s only for a short while. This time it will be different. I’ll be here for a long period, right up till Harby comes back from US.
Actually I feel kinda displaced when I first came back. Everything I thought I was familiar with, seems unfamiliar. I even took some time to get used to seeing my bro. All these while he remained in my mind as that little pesky boy I used to carry around to the book shop, etc. Now, though still pesky, he has grown up to be a young man. He seemed like a stranger who is now towering over me. I hate the feeling of having to look up when I scold him.. haha! All his tiny toes now turn out to be gigantic ones!
Our first 2 weeks wasn’t that smooth as we were still trying to get the hang of the new environment. Me, Sarah, Sydnie and Mum also fell sick. I lost my voice, 6kg and broke my record of getting 41.3c fever! I looked terrible. The good side of it is I slimmed down in time for CNY. Luckily mum recovered but the 3 of us are still having cough.
As I slowly get comfy at home, the kids are beginning to adapt themselves as well. Both Sarah and Sydnie are getting used to their daily routine and the rest of the adults at home have also got used to handle the extra kids at home. Sarah is so happy here that she even told me that she doesn’t want to go back Penang. I’m worried that she will insist of not going home when the time comes. However I’ll leave it this way for the time being and I’ll slowly start to “brainwash” her when it gets nearer.
I am glad that I came back because I don’t think I could ever handle both kids alone. However we will have to trouble my family. Everyone has been great help and I really appreciate their effort. I feel very lucky to have them. I know that no matter what happens, family is here for me.
Ahh…It feels so good to be home.
Actually I feel kinda displaced when I first came back. Everything I thought I was familiar with, seems unfamiliar. I even took some time to get used to seeing my bro. All these while he remained in my mind as that little pesky boy I used to carry around to the book shop, etc. Now, though still pesky, he has grown up to be a young man. He seemed like a stranger who is now towering over me. I hate the feeling of having to look up when I scold him.. haha! All his tiny toes now turn out to be gigantic ones!
Our first 2 weeks wasn’t that smooth as we were still trying to get the hang of the new environment. Me, Sarah, Sydnie and Mum also fell sick. I lost my voice, 6kg and broke my record of getting 41.3c fever! I looked terrible. The good side of it is I slimmed down in time for CNY. Luckily mum recovered but the 3 of us are still having cough.
As I slowly get comfy at home, the kids are beginning to adapt themselves as well. Both Sarah and Sydnie are getting used to their daily routine and the rest of the adults at home have also got used to handle the extra kids at home. Sarah is so happy here that she even told me that she doesn’t want to go back Penang. I’m worried that she will insist of not going home when the time comes. However I’ll leave it this way for the time being and I’ll slowly start to “brainwash” her when it gets nearer.
I am glad that I came back because I don’t think I could ever handle both kids alone. However we will have to trouble my family. Everyone has been great help and I really appreciate their effort. I feel very lucky to have them. I know that no matter what happens, family is here for me.
Ahh…It feels so good to be home.

Comments