Giving up my Texas dream
As I’m typing this, Harby is already on his flight to Texas, US. He won’t be reaching in another 20 hours at least I think. That’s a long flight. Well Harby is off to US for the long training program required by his new job.
There have been many deliberations of whether we should bring the entire family over, as Harby’s company does allow family relocation. However after all the considerations like my work, kids – whether they can adapt, Sydnie is still too young, sudden temperature changes during winter, H1N1, long flight, immunization, jetlag and everything else under the sun that we can be worried about, we decided to abort the plan. Well that’s how my Texas dream was dashed. So there he is now, alone on the plane.
Harby will be officially enjoying his renewed bachelorhood and freedom. He’ll probably be sipping his cuppa while looking at those cute Austin cow-gals pass by. On the other hand I’ll be the unkept mad-woman-lookalike, chasing after a toddler and wiping snort off the other. When he comes back, he’ll be fresh-faced from the good Austin air and all the burgers he can eat. I’ll be the worn off haggard wife suffering from lack of sleep and physical tiredness. Not entirely fair right? So that’s why I guess I should be entitled for a very nice gift when Harby returns, right Harby????! Btw, this question only comes with one answer.
Ok lar, to be fair to Harby, his mission is to actually concentrate on picking up the technical skills rather than ogling (correct Harby?). Therefore he’s under a lot of pressure too. So dear Harby, wishing you good luck in your new endeavor and hope you would enjoy your life in Austin. Most importantly get me some nice gifts in your next trip home. Austin POWER!!


Comments