This is how to take back your words

Sorry, I've been SOooo busy recently :(. No time for posts with photos so here's a quick one.


Night #1
Sarah: Mummy, I'm a big girl already. No need Mummy to accompany me to sleep.
Me: (skeptical) Ok, Mummy will not accompany you. Mummy just lie down here ok?
Sarah: No Mummy. You go out. Go and accompany Sydnie. I'm a big girl, no need Mummy accompany.
Me: (very surprised) Oh? Ok then... Good night.
Sarah: Good night.
(Sarah was very tired that night and she terus KO-ed quite immediately)

Night #2
(sarah took her afternoon nap quite late that day and she wasn't that sleepy)
Sarah: Mummy, I'm a big girl already. No need Mummy to accompany me to sleep.
Me: OK, good night.. and left the room (was feeling very happy and proud with Sarah's new found independence)
Sarah: (shouting behind closed door) Good night Mummy, sleep tight!
Me: Good night! (grinning)

(5 minutes later.. I heard Sarah crying in the room calling for me)

Me: (went into the room) Sarah why?
Sarah: I want Mummy to accompany.
Me: Ok, Mummy will accompany you.
Sarah: Ok.
Me: You cried? (wiping off Sarah's tears)
Sarah: Yes, because I don't like to sleep alone.
Me: I thought you said that you are a big girl, don't need Mummy to accompany??
Sarah: (pause).... Mummy ahh. I think I haven't... yet.
Me: (so ticked by her answer)

Comments

Popular Posts