CNY 2009 Roadtrip - Part 2
Southern atmosphere
Driving down to Melaka from AS was one longggggg, arduous journey. I got car-sick, much to Sarah’s delight. She kept imitating me with the plastic bag and she actually begged me to vomit “Mummy, please vomit”. How pengsan is that?
Now that Sarah’s getting bigger, the back space is too small for the both of us. The long journey made her (and me) restless.. sekejap she want to play with this, sekejap want to eat that, sekejap want to do somersault, sekejap want to go to the driver’s seat to drive daddy’s car, sekejap want to go to left window, then right window... etc. The worst thing was the crawl on the highway which was really the last thing I needed!!. Traffic was something we overlooked because for the past few years the traffic was usually smooth on the 2nd day of CNY. Stop areas were also packed to the brim, it looked so scary. Luckily MIL ta pau us some bread (& I didn’t have appetite to eat) so we didn’t have to stop for meals. After 8 longggg hours we finally reached….. suddenly I semangat already. Nothing perks me better than the good ol’ home sweet home.
Being at home feels good. Very good. Although I was home for several days time seemed to pass so fast.. WAAAAA… I want to stay at home!! I spent most of my time with my family, not much visiting but at least I did meet up with some friends. I enjoyed myself gathering with friends because we transform back into those crazy, happy-go-lucky school kids again when we are together.
I was glad to see Sarah having such a good time with my parents and family. She literally dragged my kayu-brother to play with her (not that he’s left with much choice). He’s improving though…. not that kayu now, thanks to Sarah’s persistence that he should play with her. This is the part I like most… it means I can take a break from taking care of Sarah…. Nyek nyek.
Some photos taken at home.
Jonker Walk
After hibernating in the house for several days, we decided to take some fresh air. Harby said that he wants to take some photo depicting “Melaka's CNY atmosphere” and therefore we headed to… Jonker Walk!
With daddy - he finally let me take over the DSLR, blehh.
Driving down to Melaka from AS was one longggggg, arduous journey. I got car-sick, much to Sarah’s delight. She kept imitating me with the plastic bag and she actually begged me to vomit “Mummy, please vomit”. How pengsan is that?
Now that Sarah’s getting bigger, the back space is too small for the both of us. The long journey made her (and me) restless.. sekejap she want to play with this, sekejap want to eat that, sekejap want to do somersault, sekejap want to go to the driver’s seat to drive daddy’s car, sekejap want to go to left window, then right window... etc. The worst thing was the crawl on the highway which was really the last thing I needed!!. Traffic was something we overlooked because for the past few years the traffic was usually smooth on the 2nd day of CNY. Stop areas were also packed to the brim, it looked so scary. Luckily MIL ta pau us some bread (& I didn’t have appetite to eat) so we didn’t have to stop for meals. After 8 longggg hours we finally reached….. suddenly I semangat already. Nothing perks me better than the good ol’ home sweet home.
Being at home feels good. Very good. Although I was home for several days time seemed to pass so fast.. WAAAAA… I want to stay at home!! I spent most of my time with my family, not much visiting but at least I did meet up with some friends. I enjoyed myself gathering with friends because we transform back into those crazy, happy-go-lucky school kids again when we are together.
I was glad to see Sarah having such a good time with my parents and family. She literally dragged my kayu-brother to play with her (not that he’s left with much choice). He’s improving though…. not that kayu now, thanks to Sarah’s persistence that he should play with her. This is the part I like most… it means I can take a break from taking care of Sarah…. Nyek nyek.
Some photos taken at home.
Jonker Walk
After hibernating in the house for several days, we decided to take some fresh air. Harby said that he wants to take some photo depicting “Melaka's CNY atmosphere” and therefore we headed to… Jonker Walk!
After all the fun we had, it was time to bid goodbye. Lemah.. I'm always so reluctant to go back once I'm in Melaka. Even Sarah didn't want to go back. When we reached the main road to our Penang aprt, Sarah suddenly realized that we were going back to our house. She quickly pointed to the back of the car and told Harby that she want to "go to the back". "What's behind there?" I asked. She replied "Ah Gong's house". Awwww....


Comments