Oh baby, baby


My baby

I have not formally introduced my baby as I had been pretty busy with work and travel. Before your mind starts wondering elsewhere here's my new baby. Ta Da!



Introducing my brand new Canon Ixus 80 IS, in silver. An 8 mega pixel beauty with my life saving Image stabalizer


Harby's old Canon A70 has seen better days and we've been playing around with the throught of getting a new one. He has his mind fixed on DSLR but I would prefer a small, light, portable camera with image stabalizer (for my poor shaky hands) that I can pop into my handbag. And I'm not a pro at using all those manual settings. What I need is something that can auto adjust and come up with decent looking photos, without taking too much space. Another reason why I don't want to share a camera with harby is because he hogs the camera, all the time! So I thought if i have a camera I can take my own photos when he's busy taking photos of flowers (yeah.. he has a certain attraction to flowers somehow. But that was a few years back. Now he has a new target... Sarah, the unwilling model. Haha. But she's a natural I tell you). Alright, back to the topic.


I've been eyeing on this Ixus 80IS for some time but we were sort of waiting for the price to go down a bit. Harby on the other hand loved the Nikon d60. After much waiting and contemplation harby went ahead to buy his D60. He was all over it for the first few weeks that even Sarah became priority #2. Then 2 weeks ago he went back to the same shop to get his lense filter and the external flash. And surprise, surprise he bought my Ixus 80IS as an early birthday present for me. He got it at cost price which makes it a even better buy. I loved it's exterior (sexy curves and clean lines) and the features matches what I need now. There's still quite a lot of function which I haven't fully played around with it yet but I'm really enjoying bringing it around with me. I did not like the hard cover box that came together with the camera so I bought a little pouch from KL Sentral. It only cost me RM5.90. I'll probably consider buying a few more pouches with different designs to match my mood for that day. HA!


My cute camera pouch.

This camara + pouch combo will be another one of the indispensible items in my crowded handbag, yet. You'll definitely be seeing more of my "master pieces" taken with it. Happy snapping to me!

Comments

Popular Posts