Chronical of Sarah's adventure - Part 2

Here's part 2 of the past 10 month's happenings that we missed out.


It's Sarah's birthday!
Last December 19 was Sarah’s first birthday. It’s kinda weird because even though it was only her first time celebrating she’s in fact 2 years old by year. I think that’s the good (or bad) thing about being a year-end baby :). Anyway Sarah had a bash! She’s probably the few priviledged person that had 3 different birthday celebration at 3 different locations. So “tai sai” right?


Mummy bought her a little push car as her birthday pressie. She couldn’t really grasp the concept of the car at first and she wasn’t good at riding it as well. Someone had to hold on to her so that she doesn’t fall off her seat. But it’s altogether a different story now. She can get up and down from her little car by herself, heck… she can actually carry the entire car up with both hands. Power leh! It’s so much fun watching her “ride” her little car and honking it.


Celebration in Malacca

Sarah with Uncle, Daddy, Mummy, Aunty, cousin Rachel,
Grandma and Grandpa.. yay.

The celebration was held about a week earlier as we were only back then. It was Sarah's first birthday cake ever. Grandpa splurged his money on a RM90 ice-cream cake from Baskin Robbin. (Hey no fair! I never got a birthday cake for even half that price before. Anyway grandma defended by saying “Times are different now”. Oh well let’s not be such a wet blanket and enjoy the fun.). And so it was photo time, we continued to take many photos with different combination of photos until Rachel complained about it. I guess she can’t wait to blow off the candles for Sarah and eat the cake :p. The cake was heavenly I tell you! I had 2 helpings. Half of the time I'm sure Sarah must be wondering what's all the fuss about. She seemed interested in the candle though. Poor Sarah could only look at the cake while everyone is eating and so Daddy gave her a taste of her first cake as well. Within 5 minutes we chomped down everything :D.

Birthday in Penang

Plans have been laid out to celebrate Sarah's birthday with Yeh yeh and Nai Nai the following week. I have been considering the whole morning of 19th December and finally I decided to buy a cake and have a mini celebration on Sarah's actual birth day itself. Harby said it's not necessary but I think it's a waste to skip this as this day will only happen once in her lifetime right, and I don't want to miss this. So I went to the shop outside our housing area and got a pretty mini cheese cake.




So this was how Sarah had her mini birthday celebration and this time just with Daddy and Mummy.









Plans further up north
Final birthday celebration for the year is held in Alor Star. This was a more traditional birthday celebration with red eggs!! Haha. Anyway Nai Nai and Yeh Yeh went through all the trouble to prepare the eggs, fruits and cake. By this time, Sarah does seem a bit saturated with birthday celebration and I guess this can be seen from her expression on most of the pictures. Anyhow the adults including daddy and mummy was still excited about it. For the photo session we put a small coffee table with the cake and the red eggs on it. Then someone commented that it still looks a bit bare. So the orange was added into the picture as well. Don't play play.. got tampal red sticker on the orange wey. In the end it seems a bit like tengah "pai thnee kong" but nevertheless it's still it's a token of love and affection by ku ku, nai nai and yeh yeh's for our little Sarah. More photos taken on that day.

Here's one with Yeh Yeh.

Groupie

So there you go. 3 different celebrations, within 3 weeks, in 3 different cities! Now how grand is that?

Comments

Popular Posts