Chronicals of Sarah's adventure - Part 4
2008 Valentine’s day @ Fisherman’s Grill
Getting ready at home
This was our first Valentines celebration after Sarah’s arrival. I have been wondering whether harby will remember to plan anything (if he even remembers the date at all). Therefore I made sure that he has enough of reminders of the day! Haha. Anyway just to be sure I asked him straight at the face on his plans for that day. Nowadays have to be thick skinned a bit, otherwise dinner pun tak ade. He asked me what I want and where I am going. Excuse me I thought guys should be the one planning everything and giving his wife a surprise! Anyway that’s not him and so I have to be thick skin (again). In the end we made a booking at Fisherman’s Grill (yay).
We made the booking for 8pm. When we went there, the waiter told us there’s no bookings under our name. What the HECK?!! Dah-lah I was rushing about to prepare myself and Sarah (with her milk, water, some baby food, toys, diapers, hot water, etc), now that we finally reached, this guy is telling me that I can’t have my dinner? I WANT MY VALENTINE DINNER!! I was already feeling irritated but I (still) politely told him to check again. Finally he found a small table with our name on the reservation card. This is the first time I’m here. I’m not sure whether it’s like this all the while but it’s really cramped. Maybe they are cramping as many tables as possible for the valentine promotion. We have problem placing the baby chair next to our table. We finally settled down and made our orders. There were only 2 options for the night, fish or beef. We ordered one each. The appetizer was really good. It was baguette with some smoked salmon, salad lettuce and caviar topped with dressings. There was fish maw soup was slightly salty but not too bad. Main dish was beef for me. Well cooked but I think I can’t take that much meat at one time so I can’t finish it. They even gave a complimentary rose. Sorry no photos because I was too occupied taking care of Sarah.
It was a challenge eating there because Sarah was making a lot of fuss. Since it’s rather cramped Sarah’s baby chair would have to be put just next to the table and that means she’s able to grab anything on our table, which both harby and me were having our hands full with!. Sarah was very hungry that night because she finished 2 rice crackers, my home packed pureed fruit, she ate our fish and beef, drank the soup and she was still asking for more. And finally she vomited right on the table! I quickly pulled out the tissues to wipe of the mess and praying that nobody saw that. Really felt so tired. I didn’t bother to see if other customers were looking at us or not. I hope we didn’t scare those single couples that plan to have children: p.
Sarah was having a blast that night. She kept turning back to play with the couple on the next table. I pity them for having a little “lamp post” but they did seem happy to play with her. Haha.
Da girls in the family
Harby’s friend said that he’s coming over to collect our wedding video tapes to be converted into cd. What? On valentine night? Oh well, so we had to rush back. Sarah was already getting a bit out of hand and I welcomed that move as well. In the end I even forgot to bring back my rose! Haha. Well anyways it was a memorable valentine celebration. When Sarah grows up I’ll let her know how naughty she was on that day.
Comments