Chronical of Sarah's adventure


I can’t believe a whopping 10 month’s have passed since my last post. Ok I admit that I’m a lazy blogger. Just the other day while I was talking to Leopard about his blog he said "Hey why don't you blog as well?". I didn't tell him that I Do have a blog, just that I'm not actively involved.. much. Anyway I told him "Aiyah I got nothing to blog". Then he replied "You can write about your daughter, that will be interesting". His reply got me thinking. Well he's right. Anyway I have been playing with the thought of doing some real blogging more often as well, after reading some other friends blogs (before this all acah-acah aje). So here I am after a long break. I’ll "try" to post more often from now on but no promises ok. Let’s recap what happened in the past 10 months for Sarah. (Caution! This will be a long post).


Sarah’s gotten mobile!
From that little helpless baby wrapped tightly in a swaddle, she has progressed to crawl and walk. She’s not so much of a crawler as she skipped that phase pretty fast but she started walking on 11th December 2007, 1 week before her first birthday. (Mummy is so proud of you Sarah!). We brought her to her Pead the day before and we saw a 13 month old toddler happily showing off her walking skills. So I told Sarah “See, that cheh cheh can walk so well. When are you going to walk?”. Actually Sarah took her first steps weeks before but there wasn’t any progress from there on. I guessed Sarah saw my comment as a challenge and she started walking that day itself after we home. By the next day she was walking without much hesitation! Fast forward 10 months later, Sarah now runs happily around the house. I’m so looking forward to see her skip and hop much later. She looks utterly adorable when she tries to run.

Word power .. yakety yack
I was hoping that Sarah’s first words would by “mummy” but harby said that it will “daddy” and we often argue over this but UNFORTUNATELY both of us were in for some disappointment, Sarah had her own plan in mind. One day while cruising along our bed, Sarah suddenly blurted the word “kockk” while looking at the clock. Although she couldn’t pronounce the letter “L” the distinct “K” at the end of the word was surely there. Looking at her suspiciously I asked Sarah if she just said the work clock, Sarah just ignored me. That afternoon itself Sarah saw the same clock and she said the word “kockk” again. I asked her where’s the clock and she looked at it. AND SO IT IS CONFIRMED, Sarah’s first word is officially CLOCK! From that day onwards whenever she sees any clock (or watches) around the house she’ll say “kockk”. Too bad for mummy and daddy but we were all very happy for Sarah. Now Sarah’s vocabulary has increased tremendously. At 16 months old she can say mummy, daddy, clock, spoon, ball, cup, key, door, chair, pen, grape, apple (pronounced as ple), book, toy, eyes, nose, bear, Daisy, Snoopy (pronounced a Poopy), flag, school, car, dog, cat, shoes, mosque, card, bird, go, come, bite, slide (pronounced as dike), duck, there, where, bag, zip, van, bowl, plate, pear, lamp, knock, aunty (pronounced as Tee), open (pronounced as “O”), bee, ant, bug, broom, and some non-English words like Gou (dog), ku (pants), kai (open), mei mei (referred to anything pretty), nen nen (milk), yau (bite), zhou (go), nai nai (grandma), yeh yeh (grandpa), ku ku (aunty), yi yi (short form for Ah Yi - aunty), yau (want- a word often abused by her to get anything she wants), yew (swim), mao (cat), oi oi (sleep), kor kor (big brother), jie jie (big sister), kai kai (go outing) and chut chut (pacifier). Sarah currently says single sound words better. Things like hammer will be referred to h er as “knock knock” and xylophone as “ting ting ting”. Those are all the words I can think of now, there may be some which I have left out but look at all those words. That’s surely a long list.

That "darned" clock :p

Adding on to her list of achievement is Sarah's rapid progress in terms of understanding her surrounding, getting what she wants (a pro now actually!), understanding the purpose of items around the house, and learning to keep her toys after play. The last one is not always consistent but at least she does help at times. However she’s also getting impatient and frustrated when she have things her way or we don’t understand what she’s trying to say. To understand each other, well sweetie I think this is something all of us will have to learn together.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts