Chronicals of Sarah's adventure - Part 3


Gong Xi FA CHAI

Ok, part of Sarah's adventure was Chinese New Year 2008 (CNY)! Every CNY would be a hectic schedule for us, of course hectic from eating, drinking, merry making, catching up with friends, etc, but also from travelling. We would travel from Penang to Alor Star then go to Tunjang and Sungai Petani, then from Alor Star to Malacca then rush back to Penang to start working again. This year it’s more challenging for me. I know I shouldn’t complain much as I’m not the one doing the driving (hugz to harby) but I’m the one who will need to take care of Sarah at the back. That’s NO EASY TASK, I tell you! So now why do I say it’s more challenging this year? We’ll it’s because Sarah is not about to sit quietly or sleep now you know. I’ll have to keep her occupied and keep her happy so that she doesn’t get upset during the journey. And the PROBLEM is I was pathetically running out of ideas. There’s nothing fun to watch outside the window, she quickly got bored of the new toys we got for her and I was feeling a bit queasy from carsickness. However Sarah at one point did discovered that her car seat is a very interesting play object. Not that she’s sitting on it, mind you. She likes to play with it from outside of the seat. Me on the other hand have to hold on to her tightly because it’s really dangerous for her to move freely like that in a moving car, and a car that’s on the highway somemore-lar. I was trying to be a good citizen and buckled up on the back-seat but the downside of it was it limit my flexibility in terms of handling Sarah. So in the end I unbuckled. (Now I’m starting to worry once the back-seat belt rule comes in June. Keeping fingers crossed now.) The journey to Alor Star would take less than 2 hours, which is still bearable for me. But the journey back to Malacca takes half a day. Luckily Sarah must have been a bit worn-off from all the activities while we were up north, and so she did sleep along the journey, and that gave me some time to relax and get my stamina powered-up to handle Sarah once she wakes up.

Here are some pictures taken during CNY 2008 (Malacca). I also managed to dig out some pictures taken during CNY 2007 (Alor Star). Look at how much Sarah has grown!


Then.. (CNY 2007)
Sarah @ 2 months old
A very plesant and happy baby who is always smiling.

Milk time!


Now... (CNY 2008)

Future gymnast! (just like mummy :p)

Can't keep still because the flower was distracting her. Anyway Grandma purposely
made the flower "for Sarah to see when she goes back Malacca". Tai sai right?
Little girl but with a huge power.

Distracted again. This time because of FOOD.
(Yeah she sure knows her priorities)


One with Mummy, not paying attention either. haha.. oh well..

Comments

Popular Posts